Hi all --

I've been exploring the various ways of rendering XML into HTML for viewing
EAD finding aids.  The simplest is obviously via an XSLT stylesheet that
transforms it into HTML, letting the client's browser do all the work.  I've
looked at eadcbs1.xsl thru eadcbs4.xsl and they work in IE and Firefox, and
I suspect they will work in Safari and Netscape as well.  With some minor
tweaks they will likely do what we need them to do in terms of displaying
our FAs.  But I'm wondering (since this seems so
smack-my-forehead-and-say-"Duh!" easy) what if any are the drawbacks of this
approach?  If the user does a "view source" the entire XML document is right
there for them to see -- one article that I read seemed to think that was a
problem, but I'm not sure why that would be.

The only major issue I can think of is that it relies on the user having a
version of the browser that supports XSLT natively, and certainly that is a
concern.  Other than that, does anyone have some thoughts on this?

Thanks

Michele