Thank you very much for your assistance with this.  I'm particularly glad to know that I don't have to go back through the entire finding aid and change the container types!

Emily

-----Original Message-----
From: Fox, Michael [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Box/Folder Headings Display

Actually, this is not the case.   dsc4 does not assume that there are two containers.   Rather it assumes that certain container types- box, reel, carton and volume- will appear in the first column and others- folder, frame and page- will appear in the second column.  It looks for attribute types, not position within the did.  If there are two containers within a component and the first one repeats the value of the first container of the previous component, then its display is suppressed.  At least, this is the way it is supposed to work.

The actual cause of your problem is a more fundamental flaw with the stylesheet (a couple of lines of missing code that would actually insert the container attribute values) which your message has called to my attention.

I have just sent a corrected version of dsc4 to Stephen Yearl that he might update the file on the Help Pages web site.  In the meantime, if anyone else has this problem and needs the update immediately and can accept and xsl file through their firewall, please contact me and I will send it to you.

And if anyone else has a similar problem with other dsc stylesheets, please let me know.

Michael