From: "Bruce D'Arcus" <[log in to unmask]>
> On Jan 29, 2005, at 11:16 PM, Barzilai Spinak wrote:
>
> > The thing is, I dont want to download the schemas from the web *every
> > time*
> > I need validation or a web service is called, etc. I should be able
> > to store local copies and do relative schemaLocation.
>
> This I absolutely agree with, and would go even further: I think the
> LoC should be releasing totally self-contained schemas, regardless of
> whether the development process using a bunch of different included
> files.  I should download a single file.

Well we want to do the right thing, but before we do  .....  does anyone
else feel strongly about this?

Take xlink for example .... when we release a mods schema we should make
available a (zipped) file that includes the xlink schema, etc?   Why?

When I validate with xmlspy, there is an import statement. If the schema
isn't where I say it is I get an error, but if the schema is there, xmlspy
gets it, it's totally transparent, and it happens very quicky -- xmlspy
validates a schema as quickly with imports as without. Is this really a
hardship?

--Ray