Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

>> .  If you put
>> both of the forms of his name in your MODS record, how will you know
>> which one is authoritative?
>

> This shows exactly the problem I would like MADS (and I guess later
> MODS) to solve :-)

This is exactly what MADS does solve. It has an authoritative name and
variants. To have MODS do the same thing you would have to either 1)
move the MADS structure into MODS (with the problems that have been
mentioned relating to role and affiliation or 2) move the names into the
MODS record with an attribute showing which is authoritative, and the
authoritative name and all of the variants would have to be encapsulated
in a structure that holds them together as a single author.

I think we've come full circle now.

kc

--
[log in to unmask] http://www.kcoyle.net