Make sure the ead.dtd file is in the same folder as the finding aid you
are previewing.  Change the "type" attribute of <?xml-stylesheet> to
"text/xsl" not "application/xsl".

Delete the following file in XMetaL (you may want to make a copy of it
first):

C:\Program Files\Blast Radius\XMetaL 4.5\Author\Startup\multipleOutput.mcr

Good luck.