Well, DACS is available (minus some appendices and possibly not in its
final form) on-line at:

http://www.archivists.org/DACS.pdf

I have this bookmarked so I can get to it, but I am not sure of its context
within the SAA site at this point, so I can't vouch 100% for its
up-to-dateness. Still, it is better than nothing and might be of use while
you are waiting for your hard copy to show up.

Peter Hirsch

NYPL

                      Kris Kiesling
                      <[log in to unmask]        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      EXAS.EDU>                cc:
                      Sent by: Encoded         Subject:  Re: Status of APPM
                      Archival
                      Description List

                      03/16/2005 08:24
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Encoded Archival
                      Description List

Peter,

APPM has been superseded by Describing Archives:  A Content Standard
(published by SAA, 2004 http://www.archivists.org/catalog/index.asp).  DACS
is designed to be used for the creation of finding aids and bibliographic
records, in conjunction with EAD and MARC 21, for everything from
collection
to item level descriptions.  It also can be used with EAC for the creation
of archival authority records.  DACS is not yet available online, but at
some point in the future will be incorporated into Cataloger's Desktop.

Kris Kiesling
Associate Director for Technical and Digital Services
Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center