I am using the XMetaL 4.5 trial software. I am having difficulty getting the
stylesheets to work with the xml documents. I am referring to the ones I
downloaded from the EAD Cookbook 2002.

When I try to view an xml document, with first three lines:

<?xml-stylesheet href="eadcbs8.xsl" type="application/xsl"?>
<!DOCTYPE ead PUBLIC "+//ISBN 1-931666-00-8//DTD ead.dtd Encoded Archival
Description (EAD) Version 2002//EN" "ead.dtd">

 through Internet Explorer, I get this message:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.
The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource
'ead.dtd'. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Program Files/Blast
Radius/XMetaL 4.5/Author/Rules/eadperson2002xm.xml'. Line 3, Position 121
<!DOCTYPE ead PUBLIC "+//ISBN 1-931666-00-8//DTD ead.dtd Encoded Archival
Description (EAD) Version 2002//EN" "ead.dtd">

When I preview an xml document through XMetaL (Preview in Browser), the
resulting htm document looks the same as when I do not link any of the
stylesheets offered in the Cookbook.
Following the EAD Cookbook 2002 Section 6.2.2.3, MSXML with XMetaL, I do not
see the specified text any where in the ead.mcr when open in Notepad.

The stylesheets and xml documents are all in the same folder. I have the
latest version of MSXML.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?
Thanks,

Sarena Fletcher
Head Librarian
Delaware Art Museum