From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Peter Verhaar
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Status of APPM

I have a question about the Archives, Personal Papers, & Manuscripts (APPM)
standard. The company that I work for, IDC Publishers (in the Netherlands)
has used this standard in past for the bibliographic description of archival
collections, next to EAD of course as a data format. My question is about
the current status of APPM. I noticed that the current version of
Cataloger's Desktop of the Library of Congress does no longer include a
description of the APPM standard. I have also been unable to locate a
on-line version of APPM elsewhere. Does anybody know if this standard is
still actively maintained? And do many institutions still use APPM for the
actual description of archives, also on item level?
Kind regards,

Peter Verhaar

Bibliographic Department
IDC Publishers