 Saturday, March 19, 2005
     Devanagari is the script used to write Hindi,  Nepali, Marathi and
generally Sanskrit. Some people may be interested in being  able to do a search and
get results that display Devanagari script. If so  go to
_http://webcat.library.wisc.edu:3200/PAIR/_ (http://webcat.library.wisc.edu:3200/PAIR/)    when it
comes up do a keyword search on the word 'madhuparka' . You should  get a
record for a Nepali serial with its Devanagari title. My pc at home did  and it
does not have any special fonts loaded onto it. I know no other  details about
this such as what vendors's software it uses, does it use  MARC records, does
it use Unicode, are there indexes on the vernacular,  etc. I hope the MARC
character repertoire can soon be expanded so  that records with Devanagari and
other scripts can be shared.
Regards,
          JIm Agenbroad ( [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])
)