Hi all-

I'm reading an assumption here (and please correct me if this is an
unfair characterization!) that the FRBR structure is completely
hierarchical, and that each level from
Work->Expression->Manifestation->Item can be nested. The problem is that
Manifestation has a many to many relationship with Expression - a
Manifestation may contain multiple expressions of works, as in tracks on
a CD. So there needs to be some mechanism for connecting a Manifestation
to multiple Expressions. Only having pointers "downward" (excuse the
term implying hierarchy) would then require redundant Manifestation
records.

What would be a good METS way to represent these sort of relationships?
I'm not thinking of any off the top of my head.

Jenn