Since MODS has so much flexibility, I imagine that people will profile
what they want to use for their particular needs. You could certainly
consider the date of the issue itself the same as the date issued of an
article and choose to record in originInfo/dateIssued. The date of the
issue in <part> includes what we call "chronology" which in fact could be
"Spring 2004", "May 15, 2003", or any other possible form.

Rebecca