Posted on behalf of Becky Dean.

This message will be cross-posted to multiple listservs.  My apologies in advance for duplication.

Also, my sincere apologies to all the NACO participants for not sending a notification message this past week informing that the system was available.    Following this coming weekend's maintenance, please assume normal activities can be resumed, and if the processes have not been completed, I will post updates and alerts to the appropriate listservs.

Starting at approximately 8 p.m., EST, on Friday, April 29 , OCLC will continue a maintenance process resulting in newly added and revised authority records being irretrievable via Connexion (both the browser and client).

This includes not only records contributed by OCLC NACO participants, but all new and replaced authority records distributed by the Library of Congress.

To ensure that no duplicate records are added, OCLC is requesting that all OCLC NACO participants refrain from adding any new records or revising any existing records.  We anticipate the processes to complete late Sunday evening, EST.   If the processes have not been completed, I will post updates and alerts to the appropriate listservs.

If authority records are added or revised during that timeframe, they will not be lost, however, they will not be able to be retrieved and used for controlling until the maintenance process is completed.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience for NACO participants.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns,
--Becky Dean

OCLC
6565 Frantz Road
Dublin, OH  43017