Linda R.,
Your document would not validate.

The problem was carriage returns had intruded in your EAD elements.

Once I was able to validate the document. I comment-ed out the dead
code(s).

I then ran the document through my stylesheet
(EAD_2002_HTML_conv-1.xsl) from the EAD Conversion
Toolkit that we use at the Library of Congress.

Your problem is:
1. HTML will not show any link if there is no text to highlight the
link. Your dao was empty. You get the HTML code, but cannot actuate
the link since there is no text for the browser to display the link
to the user.
2. You need to either put text in your dao, or put text in your
stylesheet so that your link will have something to show the user. I
have added EAD code in your document that accomplishes this (see my
comment sections). True, the DTD does not require text in a dao, but
you will have to compensate when you transform to other mark-up
languages so the link will display to the user. My preference is to
code the EAD instead of relying on a stylesheet to put in the text.

I will send you the document and the HTML off-list.

You can see the same HTML display by pasting in this processing
statement after your DOCTYPE and before your root node (<ead>).

There should be no line breaks in this PI when you paste it into the
XML document. If there is, edit them out.
<?xml-stylesheet
type="text/xsl"
href="http://lcweb2.loc.gov/music/eadmusic/eadconv12/ead_2002_html_web_conv-1.xsl"
?>