This message  is being  posted to various PCC lists on behalf of Becky Dean .  Please contact  her at [log in to unmask]  with any questions or concerns.

Starting at approximately 8 p.m., EST, on Friday, April 22 , OCLC will start a maintenance process resulting in newly added and revised authority records being irretrievable via Connexion (both the browser and client).

This includes not only records contributed by OCLC NACO participants, but all new and replaced authority records distributed by the Library of Congress.

To ensure that no duplicate records are added, OCLC is requesting that all OCLC NACO participants refrain from adding any new records or revising any existing records until an announcement is made after the maintenance processes are completed.  We anticipate the processes to complete late Sunday evening, EST.

If authority records are added or revised during that timeframe, they will not be lost, however, they will not be able to be retrieved and used for controlling until the maintenance process is completed

We regret any inconvience this may cause for NACO participants.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns,
--Becky Dean

OCLC
6565 Frantz Road
Dublin, OH  43017