Starting at approximately 8 p.m., EST, on Friday, May 13 , OCLC will continue a maintenance process resulting in newly added and revised authority records being irretrievable via Connexion (both the browser and client).

This includes not only records contributed by OCLC NACO participants, but all new and replaced authority records distributed by the Library of Congress.

To ensure that no duplicate records are added, OCLC is requesting that all OCLC NACO participants refrain from adding any new records or revising any existing records.  We anticipate the processes to complete early Monday morning, EST.   If the processes have not been completed by that time, I will post updates and alerts to the appropriate listservs.

If authority records are added or revised during that timeframe, they will not be lost, however, they will not be able to be retrieved and used for controlling until the maintenance process is completed.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience for NACO participants.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns, and thank you for your continued patience,
--Becky Dean

OCLC
6565 Frantz Road
Dublin, OH  43017