At 07:33 AM 6/3/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks to Richard Hess and Damien Moody, and thanks for replies in two
>related threads.  Sorry for the stupid e-mail address with the ficticious
>name.  :)
>
>The quest comes down to a few more specific questions.
>
>Recording directly to computer
>==============================
>1. "Use a computer, spend 5 minutes dropping track marks, ... total 10
>minutes."  Inserting track marks can be tedious if it involves cutting and
>pasting.  (Also slow and may require a lot of memory, fast computer, and/or
>lots of disk swapping.)  Is there a way to do this with software, with a
>press of a button?
>
>2. What software will do this conveniently?  Do I need a whole 1 GB  to
>handle this conveniently if I record a whole side on one track?

Take a look at CDWAV ( http://www.cdwave.com/ ). A small, quick Windows
program to split tracks either as separate WAVs or by generating a CUE
sheet. Disclaimer; the author is a friend and I hosted the program until he
registered his own domain.

One virtue is that you can use the autosplit function, then refine the
splits manually.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/