Hi

I would appreciate if someone has an example of an encoded finding aid in which the creators of the records change in different subgroups or series.  We have been encoding with all the variations in the creators named in the <did> but not indicating the changes at <c0?>  lower levels, except for through series or subgroups titles.  Because we have new collections management software that will encode for us, it may be that we will indicate these changes where appropriate.  However, I would like to see how this would work and what it would "look like" when displayed.

So if anyone has an example of a finding aid that has creators that change at the <c0?>, can you send me a link?  If anyone has any additional comments about the advantages or pitfalls of doing this, I would like to hear them.

thanks, Lucy

Lucy Barber
Archivist
California State Archives