From: Antony Robert David Franks [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 9:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] National Library of Australia and NACO

Ed,

The National Library of Australia is processing authority records from
contributing libraries as well as its own. They ftp the records to LC. We do
further checking and then distribute the records with the CDS workflow.

The records will be identifiable by

      agency code in MARC 040 $a AUCNL
      MARC 008  39 is blank
      code anuc in MARC 042

Anthony

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/09/05 11:18 AM >>>
What mechanism will the National Library of Australia use to contribute to
NACO?  Does this news mean that NLA plans to become a NACO node like the
British Library or will they contribute via one of the existing sites?

Ed Glazier
Principal  Analyst
RLG
2029 Stierlin Court