> Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:07:35 +0200
> From: Theo van Veen <[log in to unmask]>
>
>>> I expect that the availability of recordSchema's can be record
>>> specific. An optional field indicating for a record the possible
>>> recordSchema's would allow the client to request the right
>>> recordSchema.
>>
>> This sounds like an excellent candidate for an extension.
>
> The problem is that a client won't know that it makes sense to ask
> for it and I do not expect clients to search in explain if there is
> anything they might ask for. My feeling is that it would be better
> to have it as a standard option.

<sigh>

Theo, if your client wants this information, it should just for us,
using the extension that we craft for that purpose.  If the server
supports it, then the information will come back in extraRecordData,
if it doesn't then no harm done.  No need for anyone to look at the
explain record.

What is the problem with this?  I just don't get it.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[log in to unmask]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "In music, there is Beethoven and the rest.  In football, there
         is Pele and the rest" -- Pele himself.