Mike,

The new Elastic Audio function in samp8 will parse each note in a
song, make that a slice and drop it on a graph that is piano keys vs
time. You can then repitch each note. It's here I get very foggy
about this as I used the relative mode for the rim drive tape and
this feature is in the absolute mode...I should think that the
absolute mode will have me craving some Absolut!

At 12:20 AM 7/23/2005, you wrote:
>Steven Smolian wrote:
>>I can do all kinds of speed correction via software as well.  It's the
>>automatic process in which I'm interested.
>
>What do you mean by "automatic"? There's no information which would let
>the program determine the speeds anywhere in the recording. However, if
>you want the pitch to shift linearly from a semitone fast to a semitone
>slow over the course of the selection, just set the start and end points
>and play it through. For more complex adjustments, you can shape the
>curve - but that's certainly not automatic in any sense.
>
>Mike
>--
>http://www.mrichter.com/

Richard L. Hess                           email: [log in to unmask]
Vignettes