Regarding my example of changing NARs to fit what people expect to see, Adam
Schiff wrote:

"I would think that this would already be allowed given that we are
permitted to change dates for factual errors.  If Shaw's death date is truly
uncertain, then I would think that his dates could be changed since the firm
death date would then be a matter of erroneous information."

But I wasn't impugning the accuracy of Shaw's death date. I meant to point
out that most catalog users would expect to find GBS referred to as "Shaw,
George Bernard" rather than the current "Shaw, Bernard."

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.

mailto:[log in to unmask]