Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]

Sorry, but figuring out who has written what with the interlineation and
such is beyond me. Dealing just with the above:

No, it is not a fact. At least to the extent that the question makes
sense, it is not true.

An audio CD (CD-DA) contains no data file. A data CD (CD-ROM) will not
play in a typical "CD player". Discs with both data and audio components
can be written and might be relevant to some such applications.

It's also worth noting that the information being archived is unlikely
to be compatible with CD-DA and therefore unlikely to play in a "CD
player". It is perfectly reasonable, then, to put catalogue information
into the CD-ROM containing archived audio.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/