Understood! I just changed from Masterlinks to Sound Devices recorders
(722 or 744T) as it downloads to computer by firewire - for partly that
reason. A 4x burner is far too slow for my workflow. With the 744 I can
transfer a two hour concert to Mac and burn two copies in less time
than the Masterlink could burn one CD of one half of a concert. Or you
can take out the CF card and keep recording and burn simultaneously...

You might also consider this brand new device:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html

as it looks as though Compact Flash and microdrives are a very
efficient transfer mechanism...

Lou

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689