I say no, if it wasn't requested we shouldn't consider it-- they haven't
proven that it meets the criteria and the burden should be on the
requester to do so. And anyhow people need to start getting used to using
ISO 639-2.

Same goes for specific language requests-- just because there are other
languages that might be considered in a group that was requested (as with
the Frisian languages), we needn't consider anything beyond what was
submitted as a formal request.

Rebecca