Hello, all:

Jerome McDonough, the chair of the METS Editorial Board since it's formation in 2002, has resigned his position as chair to coincide with his move to a faculty position at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.  Jerry will remain on the METS Editorial Board and continue his invaluable contributions to the Board and to the METS community.  The METS Editorial Board chair responsibilities will be shared among Brian Tingle from the California Digital Library who will be taking the lead on technical issues, and myself, as lead on administrative matters.  On behalf of the METS Editorial Board, and the METS community, Brian and I wish to thank Jerry for his visionary leadership and tremendous commitment to the development of the METS standard, to the work of the Editorial Board, and to the digital repository community generally.  We look forward to continued work with him in his new capacity as a faculty member at UIUC.

My contact information follows in case you have specific questions regarding administrative issues.  Brian can be reached at:

Department:

California Digital Library

Location:

415 20th St, #435D

Title:

Dev Programmer

Phone:

(510)987-0443

Fax:

(510)893-5212

Email:

Best wishes to Jerry!

Nancy

Nancy J. Hoebelheinrich

Metadata Coordinator

Digital Services Group

Stanford University Libraries / Academic Computing

Stanford, CA  94305-6004

voice: 650-725-6843

fax:  650-723-3038