> Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:04:45 +0100
> From: "Oldroyd, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>> OK.  So it sounds to me like the BLAP-S profile includes a BLAP-S
>> schema as part of its specifications, and that what you really the
>> client to know is that it can ask for BLAP-S records?  If that's
>> right, then ZeeRex already gives servers a way to advertise the
>> availability of BLAP-S records, and client a way to ask for them.
>
> A profile description contains more information about the metadata
> than is contained in a schema, e.g. as defined here :
>
> ftp://ftp.cenorm.be/PUBLIC/CWAs/e-Europe/MMI-DC/cwa15248-00-2005-Apr.pdf

Do you mean information about the semantics of the data associated
with each element?  If so, then I agree that this is real information,
and I am glad that (as Rob has shown) we have a way to represent that
in ZeeRex.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[log in to unmask]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "I enjoyed _Chocolat_ on its own sweet level, while musing idly
         on the box-office prospects of a film in which the glowing,
         life-affirming local Christians prevailed over glowering,
         prejudiced, puritan and bitter Druid worshippers" -- Roger Ebert.