> Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:05:30 +0100
> From: "Matthew J. Dovey" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>>> Like a METS wrapper around record + metadata? :)
>>>
>>> http://www.loc.gov/mets/
>>
>> I'm not familiar with METS, but, yes, this sounds right.
>
> Which is good, as it was almost exactly what you said last year when
> we suggested using METS as a wrapper around record and metadata
> (albeit in the context of the update service, which is where rec
> schema may also be used): "From my position of near-total ignorace,
> this sounds like a good idea."

It's nice to think that it's taken me only twelve months to progress
from a position of near-total ignorace of METS to merely not being
familiar with it.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[log in to unmask]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "The true meaning of Christmas will not be revealed until
         Easter" -- the governor of the Bank of England, discussing
         trading results.