From: "Robert Sanderson" <[log in to unmask]>
> We could change the semantics to:
>
> It can contain one or more short names or identifiers.  If more than one
> is supplied and the first is a 'wrapper' schema, then the second and
> subsequent should be returned within that wrapper.  If the first is not
> a know wrapper schema then the server should treat it as a choice of any
> of the schemas.  [currently an extension]

I still feel strongly about overloading a parameter, which is why I
suggested a new parameter altogether.  The problem with that is we would
have to wait until the next version. That might not be an altogether bad
thing - as I see it now, we're looking at a new version sometime in 2006,
and at least we'd have an answer to the problem.   We could, in the interim,
come up with a "best practice" for the current version.  However, I would
say "if it contains more than one name, the first is assumed to be a
container ..."  rather than introduce the choice path.

--Ray