At 02:15 AM 9/8/2005, you wrote:
>I'd hardly call your setup "basic" Richard!

Sorry, Lou, I was thinking in terms of picking and choosing which is
why I said "ideas." My setup is really very basic - there's just a
lot of it. Each machine goes to the jackfield. Each noise processor
goes to the jackfield. The A-D/D-As go to the jackfield. Nothing is normalled.

Your setup sounds good - but, as you say, you and I both bring many
years of experience to using analog tape.

Other than the APR-16, the most expensive item in my collection is
the Algorithmix NoiseFree Pro (at least at my cost).

>I have a PR-99, a Teac quarter track, and a Pioneer four track,
>Protools 002R LE, and a couple of Masterlinks. Pretty basic.
>
>The thing that makes it profeessional is 35 years of analog work
>with tape. THAT is priceless...

Richard L. Hess                           email: [log in to unmask]
Vignettes