At 10:00 PM 9/12/2005, David Bradley wrote:

>How are people determining what type of tape is actually on those reels?

Hi, David,

You get a sense after a while if the project kept the tape and boxes
together or not. This generally is reliable across a given archive.
Many (but not all) oral history collections are reliable - tape comes
in, is recorded, goes in the box it came in.

In general, I worry less about what's on the reel than the problems
it's exhibiting.

I try to treat the problems, not the brand/part number.

But, the database would still be useful to know what to expect.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                           email: [log in to unmask]
Vignettes