On 14/09/05, Steve Puntolillo wrote:

> The Theremin is hanging in there. Check out:
>
> http://www.lydiakavina.com/
>
> Lydia is Theremin's grand daughter. She's the poster child for
> Theremin. She's also an accomplished pianist (and a very nice lady for
> that matter.)
>
> I recorded some of this Lydia Kavina Theremin CD, mixed some of it and
> mastered all of it for Mode records:
>
> http://www.mode.com/catalog/076theremin.html
>
> We recently remastered it for re-release. (The tools have improved
> since 1997.) If you are a Theremin lover and decide to buy the CD,
> make sure you get the newer version.

I already have Mode 76. Are you saying these are the same performances,
but remastered?

It says "Mode is planning a second disc of theremin works with
Lydia Kavina to appear in 2000/2001."

I take it this never happened?

The biography of Theremin by Glinsky is a Must Read, especially if read
in conjunction with "Spycatcher" by Peter Wright.

Regards
--
Don Cox