Richard,

We do multitrack PD transfers (X-800/850/880), really haven't seen
many 2-track PD reels in the vaults.

I'll keep my eyes open, if I see any PD 2-tracks that still have the
DIF cards I'll pass the information along to you.

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be, my tech isn't in the office
today), I think Otari made the transports for the PD machines (at
least the multitracks).  Once the DASH-48 track was introduced, it
was all downhill from there.

Someone once made a comment that "an engineer will always need one
more track than he/ she has".  So you can see that it was easy for
someone to go from working on a 32-track multitrack to a 48-track -
heck, that's 16 more tracks we can fill up!

John

John Spencer
www.bridgemediasolutions.com