If you are using a CRT monitor, the high voltage sweep and switching
power supply  circuitry can generate all sorts of electromagnetic
interferance that can be inductively coupled to anything in proximity..
Absolutely !!

Best !!

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/15/05 9:43 AM >>>
Is the sound card inside the PC case or is it external?  Unless
properly
shielded any internal card (and cables) are prone to induced
interference from the rather audio-hostile world of the computer.

Nigel

Nigel Bewley
British Library Sound Archive