Hello Downunder Friend Basson,

I just found some specific  info on your soundcard from a British
magazine web site, "Sound on Sound".  To quote from the article:
Solving Computer Audio Problems
Banish Them For Good

> If you get ground-loop problems in your computer after installing a
> soundcard with a drive-bay interface, such as the Terratec DMX6Fire
> shown here, try mounting it using nylon bolts and washers.

The whole article covers most of what we've been discussing and then
some: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov04/articles/computerproblems.htm

Hope this is of help,

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions

P.S. I use Audition, too, so if you need some tips on using your
"Frequency Analysis" function to find out what your buzz is in Hz
(cycles), let me know; if you record just the buzz, you should be able
to get a sample wave that should be easy to analyze.