Please don't take this offlist! It would be a valuable discussion. I am
a professional audio engineer with aminor sideline in restoration,
based on keeping my old archives alive - so how to price it for the
occasional client would be very valuable here.

For the record, I charge my usual hourly rate, and estimate it high
enough to allow for a few troublesome projects and a majority of them
routine. Like if I had 60 hours of material, I'd estimate it around 75
hours, roughly. But if I had to make five passes to get one of them, it
would cost the client... And also do job prices, when needed to fit
something like the grant situation.

I am curious how the real restoration people estimate and charge for
services.

Lou