The 660 and 671 use a top-level folder "MPGLANG1" as well.  Both
solid state memory card transfer/storage devices (ImageTank &
FlashPac) that were being typed about create new folders for each
transfer so no immediate worries there...  The folks keeping score at
home without a 744 or 722 may also want to note that it's usually not
necessary to record to the CF only - unless maybe you're on the back
of a flatbed truck or recording elven string bands outdoors at the
South Pole.

/EL