At the Eastman School of Music, we are exploring the transfer of material recorded on open reel X-86 tape in the 1990s.  That the playback equipment is no longer manufactured has raised concern over the viability and continuing retrievability of these very recent archival holdings.

I would be grateful to receive responses, via personal email, from any ARSC members who have worked with this format and who may know of the whereabouts of functional playback equipment.

With all best wishes,

David Peter Coppen

David Peter Coppen
Special Collections Librarian and Archivist
Sibley Music Library, Eastman School of Music
27 Gibbs St.
Rochester, NY  14604
tel. (585) 274-1335
fax (585) 274-1380