I ran into these a few times back when. They are ONLY for grabbing the
leader tape at the head of the tape - tape should never be stored on
them - especially tape without leader! If you find tape on these reels,
wind it to another reel and discard them immediately! One of the worst
ideas in tape ever thought up. Almost as bad as the old Ampex home
machines that had no takeup reel, you threaded tape into a slot and it
grabbed it and rolled it to an internal reel.

The clips are spring steel. Keep little fingers away!

Bad ideas, very bad!

Lou

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689