Hi Mike-

No report as such from this tool, I just happened to notice this
particular issue because I was comparing output from the tool to some
simple changes I'd made in order to decide how best to do this
conversion. I don't think it's putting in a default value in this case.
I do suspect its solution to not being able to use type="single" in
EAD2002 is to use the datechar attribute. As I mentioned before, I'm not
sure I like this approach. I'm still wondering if it's safe to assume a
unitdate is a single date if there's no type attribute.

Jenn