Konrad Strauss wrote:
 > Did you look at the Fostex flash recorder? At a list of $1200 it
looked like
 > a great option. With a 5 gig flash card you get 2 hours of 96k 24-bit
 > recording. It also takes the 1.8" PCMCIL hard discs.
 >
 > http://www.fostex.com/index.php?file=products/pfr/fr2

I've been enthralled by this thing for a couple of years now, but
neither we (the Vermont Folklife Center) nor I have ventured to buy one yet.

A visitor to the field recording equipment website that I maintain
recently emailed a comment about the unit--that it has been "plagued by
file corruption problems." This note was the first I've heard about any
problems with the unit, and since it came out of the blue I don't know
what to think.

Has anyone else come across this issue?  The one review I've seen of the
FR2 was stellar.

andy

--
Andy Kolovos