Back eons ago when I first started using digital hardware/software to
edit motion pictures, the MO was considered to be a less expensive
storage option (with its drive) than hard drives.  It's hard to believe
that a 450 MB hard drive would have about cost $1000 then.  But, the
technology for MOs wasn't perfected then (they became corrupted) as I
lost some audio/video files in trusting them.  I would guess that has
changed, today.

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions