All the DATS I recorded (ten years worth) are at 44.1, and when a
client brings in a 48k DAT, I usually transfer analog to 44.1 because
it seems to come out just as well or better than a lengthy SRC in the
digital realm. Thought or comments?

I have a Sony 2300 that works as well as the day it was new, a good
D-100, a 59ES that seemed to need heads last time I checked, and a
lowly Panasonic 3500. I've kept the 3500 just in case for a long time
now and never needed it - anyone looking for one?

<L>