While I will agree that widespread availability of material is a
viable methodology for dissemination, I was trying to point out that
for "preservation files" (typically either born-digital or migrated
at a higher sample rate than Redbook CD), one might wish to consider
another carrier for the data.  Supplemental migration of this data is
essential for preservation.

The "operating system" for books hasn't changed very much over the
years, but the same cannot be said for computers.

John

John Spencer
www.bridgemediasolutions.com