Forwarded on behalf of a colleague. I thought that this might be of interest to other librarians in the DC area.

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/26/05 04:41PM >>>
Please accept my apologies for cross-posting:

ONE MILLIONTH VOLUME CELEBRATION
November 2, 2005   4 PM - 5 PM

Come join the AU community on Wednesday, November 2, 2005 to mark the
millionth book acquired by the AU Library, a significant milestone in the
library?s development. The event will be hosted by Thomas E. Carroll,
chair of the Friends of the American University Library and publisher at
Carroll Publishing and Patricia Wand, university librarian.
The function will feature presentation of a rare book to be added to the
AU collection as the one millionth volume; its identity will be revealed
at the event. The acclaimed poet Richard McCann, co-director of AU?s
Creative Writing Program and author of the new book, Mother of Sorrows
(Pantheon Books, 2005) will read in honor of the occasion. Acting
President Neil Kerwin will also make remarks .
The event, which is free and open to the public, will be held from
4:00-5:00 p.m. on the first floor of the Bender Library.
For more information, see the official press release.

Susan McElrath
University Archivist and Head of Special Collections
American University
(202) 885-3255