Edward C. Zimmermann wrote:

>I don't sematically see "same element" (in the same leaf container)
>as proximity.
>
>Proximity is distance.. Within X characters.. Within X words.. within
>some metric. Same element is NOT a metric.

I think this assumes that all data that would ever be queried by CQL is
well structured and semantically meaningful.  And I think that's a very
bad assumption.

Take, for example, an HTML (or, for the sake of sanity, XHTML) page.
Proximity within the text of an anchor tag or a div or a table cell /may
very well be all the context you have/.

What if your indexed field contains an XML document?  Again, it seems
that same element could be a metric.

-Ross.