Dear Colleagues:

An opportunity has come to our attention for federal librarians to participate in the National Leadership Institute (NLI) at the University of Maryland--University College. NLI is affiliated with the Center for Creative Leadership. This Institute, which is almost 25 years old, has an international reputation and a proven track record in significantly augmenting the careers of many of the recognized leaders in civil and military service.  You can find out more by visiting the website: http://www.umuc.edu/prog/nil/nil.html.

A one-week program specifically oriented toward information professionals that are already in leadership positions in government or show great leadership potential is planned for March 20 - 24, 2006 in College Park, Maryland.

NLI is on the GSA/MOBIS Schedule and is offering a discount, based on participation. The registration fee is $6,175 for 18 to 20 participants and $5,850 for 21 to 24 participants.  As of this date, there are 10 registrants. The cost assumes one will commute, but a lodging is available for approximately $159 per night.

The cost will be significant, but we wanted to share this opportunity with you since those who have participated have called NLI  "the best thing that I ever did professionally."

Happy Holidays to all--

Roberta

Roberta I. Shaffer, Executive Director
FLICC/FEDLINK
Adams Building Room 217
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave. S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20540-4935

Tel:  202-707-4801
Fax: 202-707-4828
www.loc.gov/flicc/

"Celebrating 40 Years of Excellence Serving and Guiding Federal Libraries"