Yes, eadcbs6 just does the top-level elements.  For the inventory elements you need one of the dsc stylesheets -- there are 15 of them, I think.  The ead cookbook goes into detail about them, see page 29 and page 37- for more info.

We're also using cbs6 and we chose dsc4 for the lower-level elements, though we've made substantial changes to it (in particular implementing the reference elements to produce HTML links).

Michele

-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-
Michele Rothenberger
Syracuse University
Special Collections Research Center
Syracuse, NY
-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/09/06 12:06 PM >>>
We chose eadcbs9.xsl because it could handle the <dsc> without calling
another file.  We were looking for the simplest option since we're new
to this.  I believe Chris is looking at this for us.

Do we need to go back to the 2000 cookbook and select another
stylesheet to work with eadcbs6.xsl to get the lower level elements?

Any help is appreciated.
Dalene

>>> [log in to unmask] 1/3/2006 8:08 am >>>
That sounds right.  Also, I found that <eadcbs6.xsl> works better than

some of the other stylesheets.

Jordan

Chris Prom wrote:

>Darlene:
>
>I have not looked at the scripts for this in a while, but this
>problem crops up occasionally if the cookbook files are installed
>somewhere other than the c drive or if the process is called from
>another drive.
>
>I would suggest eding either the notetab clip which calls the the
>batch file, or more likel the batch file itself, to specify the
>exact drive location of the stylesheet.  e.g.
>change'\eadcb\shared\styles\eadcbs9.xsl' to "c:\eadcb\. . . "
>
>That MAY take care of the problem.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Chris
>
>On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Dalene Hawthorne wrote:
>

>>Hi everyone,
>>
>>I am new to EAD and am trying to get everything set up with NoteTab
>>Pro.  We're using the trial version because we haven't decided yet
>>whether we're going to go with XMetal or NoteTab Pro.
>>
>>Anyway, I've installed all the software and files according to Chris
>>Prom's EAD Cookbook for Notetab.
>>
>>I'm trying to transform one of the sample ead files.  I parsed and
>>validated it.  Then I selected Make HTML and chose the eadcbs9 style
>>sheet.  I keep getting the following error message:
>>
>>C:\eadcb\batch>cd \eadcb\transform
>>
>>C:\eadcb\transform>msxsl C:\eadcb\EADFiles\sample.xml
>>\eadcb\shared\styles\eadcb
>>s9.xsl -o C:\eadcb\EADFiles\sample.html
>>
>>Error occurred while compiling stylesheet
>>'\eadcb\shared\styles\eadcbs9.xsl'.
>>
>>Code:   0x800c0006
>>The system cannot locate the object specified.
>>
>>C:\eadcb\transform>pause
>>Press any key to continue . . .
>>

>>I press a key and the process stops.  I've checked to make sure the
>>files are all in the places where it's looking for them and they all
>>seem to be there.
>>
>>Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>Dalene Hawthorne
>>Assistant Professor
>>Head of Automation and Collection Management
>>William Allen White Library
>>Emporia State University
>>620-341-5052

Jordan Patty
Processing Archivist
The American Catholic History Research Center and
University Archives
101 Life Cycle Institute
The Catholic University of America
Washington, D.C.  20064