>Dear colleagues,
>
>As you may know, a draft of Part I of RDA: Resource Description and
>Access became available for comments recently. JSC has organized a
>focus group during the ALA-Midwinter meeting for LIS educators to
>respond to RDA. Since not all LIS educators will be able to attend
>that event, Gertrude and I would like to invite LIS educators to
>meet at ALISE to discuss RDA. If you can, please join us for a
>discussion from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 17. We will meet
>at 5:30 p.m. by the ALISE registration desk first. We will record
>the group's comments and suggestions and send Marjorie Bloss, the
>manager of the RDA project, our notes.

Could these notes also be made available to members of the Educat
list in some way?

Also, replaying to Diane Boehr on a similar topic: very interesting
idea of asking students to respond to RDA. I am pondering whether it
would work in my course. Would you be able to summarize their
reactions briefly for our benefit or discuss how the students reacted
to the assignment?

Thanks
Cheryl
--
Cheryl Boettcher Tarsala
Adjunct Assistant Professor

The views expressed here are my own and not those of UIUC or GSLIS.