Dear Colleagues,

I am posting the following message for Marjorie E. Bloss. Please respond to her directly if you plan to take part in the focus group.

Ingrid

Ingrid Hsieh-Yee, Ph.D.
Professor
Catholic University of America
Washington, D.C.  20064
Phone: (202) 319-6270
Fax: (202) 319-5574
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues:

The Joint Steering Committee working on the revision of AACR, now called RDA: Resource Description and Access, will hold a focus group during the ALA Midwinter conference for evaluating a web-based version of the new rules.  We have planned a session especially for the LIS Educators so we can demonstrate and discuss a web-based prototype of the rules.

The session will be held from 8:30-10:00 a.m. on Monday, January 23rd at La Mansion, 112 College Street in San Antonio.  A continental breakfast will be served.

We want to limit the focus group to 15 participants.  If you are interested and can attend this session, please send your name to Marjorie E. Bloss, RDA Project Manage, [log in to unmask]

It has lately come to my attention that because of ALISE, some of you may not stay in San Antonio through the weekend and that having the focus group on Friday evening would be more convenient for you.  As a result, I am trying to get the date and time of the focus group changed.  Therefore, if you wish to participate, please let me know which day you can attend.

If we can change the focus group to Friday, I will inform you immediately.

Cordially,

Marjorie E. Bloss, RDA Project Manager
2827 West Gregory Street
Chicago, IL  60625