Since one of the stated goals of RDA is to be a document that can be
used for training and is understandable to those outside the library
community, I thought it might be useful to have the students in my
Bibliographic Control class at the University of Maryland look at the
text of part 1 on the Web, and give their opinions on its clarity and
consistency, especially in comparison with AACR2.  I am making this an
optional assignment in lieu of a research paper on a current topic in
bibliographic control.  Since paper will not be due until early March, I
asked Jennifer Bowen (the U.S. CC:DA rep to the JSC) if the comments
would still be useful.   She said as long as I could get comments to her
by the end of March, she would be able to bring them to the next meeting
of the JSC.

I would encourage other instructors to consider something like this with
their advanced cataloging classes, so Jennifer gets a full range of
feedback.

Diane Boehr
Head, Cataloging Section
National Library of Medicine
8600 Rockville Pike
Bethesda. MD 20894
and
Instructor, LBSC 770
University of Maryland College of Information Studies

301-435-7059 (voice)
301-402-1211 (fax)